Monday, December 7, 2020

Here’s What I Think Happened.

If I found out I had six months to live, I would get fat enough to shut down a water slide. 

I was driving in Dallas and saw a giant funnel-shaped structure outside something called Great Wolf Lodge. I guessed it was a satellite dish attached to a hunting lodge and had to investigate. 

I was way off. It’s an amazing indoor water park. The structure outside is part of a slide that runs outside the building. Kids ran amok, having the time of their young lives. Ultra cool.

On my way home, colorful stitches of clothing were scattered on the road, and here’s what I think happened: a parent who brought his/her kids and several of their friends to Great Wolf Lodge finally wrangled them after a long, overwhelming afternoon, and in his/her haste, got the hell out of Dodge but left a bag of wet bathing suits on top of the car. A bonehead move but understandable. Any one of us would have run toward daylight.