Monday, October 26, 2020

It’s A Wrap. An Appreciation.

While shopping for clothing for my new headshots, I was brutally owned by a small child when I came out of the dressing room in a plaid shirt and she said, “Nice lumberjack costume.” 

Words hurt, lady. Luckily, it happened in one of my happy places: It’s a Wrap, a store in Burbank that carries wardrobe formerly used in TV shows and movies. 

The place has some size, loaded with racks of men’s and women’s clothing and shoes, very gently used. Within minutes of our arrival, the stylist who accompanied me found a dozen nice shirts for me to try on. All potential winners. No surprise – they were purchased by the most talented wardrobe people in the business. 

The tags are coded to let you know which production each item is from. This never stops being cool.

The stuff that’s too valuable for resale, like Sylvester Stallone’s shorts from Rocky III and Rocky IV, make the wall. 

I bought three shirts, a sweater, two jackets (including a sport coat that retails for $200) and two ties for a grand total of $68. I almost shit. (In my own pants – not theirs.)