Thursday, September 17, 2020

Okay, One More Thing…

The RNs who work for the Red Cross have excellent bedside manners. I’d like to see your drug dealer offer a lollipop after he stabs you in the arm with a needle. 

The Red Cross doesn’t stab at all. They’re extra gentle, and apologetic if you even slightly wince. Speaking of wincing, bear with me as I follow up my post from last week with one more quick plea to donate blood. 

How about this: we all want the coveted COVID antibody test. How about cutting to the front of the line? Your blood will be tested for antibodies, plus hepatitis, HIV and other STDs. The pic above features my results from donating last week. Negative, ladies. 

I know, positive for antibodies would be better. I’d be immortal. That said, one more cool thing: pizza-tracker technology shows you where your blood wound up. Someone in Tulsa is walking around with Matt Shevin inside him. Don’t be jelly.