Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Ricky’s First Audition.

I don’t care who dies in a movie, but it’d better not be the dog.

And by the way, how scared must any vet be to have to tell John Wick he needs to put his next dog down?

I helped my friend Mark with a big self-tape audition (yes, they use an antiquated term) to play a series regular on a new TV show. One of the scenes featured a giant dog all up in Mark’s business, so we did a take with Ricky. I was shocked how well he nailed it.

Okay, he nailed it on his second take. The first time, he put his giant noggin in Mark’s lap correctly, but as he backed out of the frame, his wagging tail hit the tripod. Then, like his dad, he perfectly executed his redirect – head in Mark’s lap, then backed out and laid down behind me as Mark finished the scene.

Mark is also infatuated with Pit Bulls. He’s had two of them and he and his girlfriend are soon going to rescue a third. We’ll be total Hollywood parents putting these boys to work.