Monday, January 20, 2020

Basketball With The Booze Brothers.

SECURITY GUARD: “Do you guys have alcohol on you?”
US: “We don’t think so. Hold these flasks while we check.”

My friend Jack, above on the right, brought two bladders full of homemade old fashioneds into the arena and we watched our Maryland basketball team beat Purdue. We’ve come a long way since we were keystering in grain punch.

Pregrame. It was snowing Saturday morning on campus, which I think is the most beautiful campus in the country, and it brought back the best memories. If you or your kids are debating whether to attend a big college or a small one, go big – with major sports on campus. You will forever feel an allegiance to your teams, and gamedays are electric.

Post-game, ESPN host and extra proud Maryland alum Scott Van Pelt held court. The guy I really want to meet now is Larry David, who attended Maryland in the 60s, and was a member of my fraternity. When I do bump into him (or better yet, work with him), I’m totally going to give him the secret handshake.