Monday, December 2, 2019

Holiday Highlights.

A long weekend with family in town – i.e., three full days of mouthing apologies to waiters.

Luckily, not necessary for me. My mom was here, and it was nothing but nice. Here’s why:

We had dinner at two new restaurants – Chin Chin and Urban Plates – that opened in our neighborhood this week. So new, in fact, that the silverware was extra sparkling without having been shoved into a thousand diners’ mouths. (Yeah, I use a fork for Chinese food when I’m with family. For dates, I first watch a YouTube tutorial on chopsticks.)

This, plus rain all weekend. I think we can finally put the whole “Do you miss the change of seasons?” thing to bed.

71 days ‘til spring training. My nephew and I took out our frustrations out after our football teams lost.

Why have popcorn when you can bring Thanksgiving leftovers to the theater? We saw a great movie; more on that tomorrow.