Wednesday, October 9, 2019

So Close.

I don’t really get how fine art can be. I mean, maybe if I saw it in a bikini.

I need a museum more my speed, like the Academy Award Museum. I passed by it yesterday morning, and the construction is really coming along. (Sort of. It’s actually running very fashionably late, as it was originally set to open this May, but will now be opening early next year.)

The AAM will be comprised of two buildings. The orb will be called The Sphere, and feature a 1000-seat theater named after David Geffen. The main building, which was previously the May Company department store, will house artifacts like the tablets from The Ten Commandments.

See? So much better than a regular museum. I remember my sixth-grade class being taken on a field trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, where we realized our favorite exhibit was “Elevator Buttons.”