Monday, October 21, 2019

Room For One More?

Whoever named The Great Depression in 1929 probably didn’t anticipate my Saturday night.

The Yankees season ended over the weekend, and for me, a lunatic who watches all 162 of their games every year, it hurts. To their credit, the Yanks fought until the end, tying the game with a two-run home run. I screamed so loudly, I quickly sent an unprompted apology text to my neighbor. For real.

Then the Yankees gave up a home run and it was all done. Above, Yankee manager Aaron Boone shows some love to the pitcher who gave up the home run. And the love was legit. Everything you need to know about Aaron is summed up by his father, also a former manager: “Aaron was always the kid who went to the kids who had no friends in school. Aaron became their friend. That’s the kind of person he was from the very beginning.”

That’s Aaron on my t-shirt (and me at the OC County Fair) hitting his own historical home run when he was a player. Very good man.

Other than that, really nice weekend. Fancy haircut, brunch with a friend, saw my nephew. Hey, my meds finally kicked in.