Monday, October 28, 2019

Poultry Time.

If restaurants were smart, they’d randomly call me asking if they should send over a chicken sandwich, because the answer would always be yes.

It’s true. I usually order the chicken sandwich. Mainly because I like my food to be more cowardly than I am.

And no one makes a better version than my favorite restaurant: Son of a Gun. I hadn’t been there in far too long, so it was nice to go back last night. The sandwich is still delicious. The smoked mahi dip (served shabby-chic with Lance Captain’s wafer crackers) is still amazing.

The Italian hamburger – homemade chocolate/hazelnut ice cream on a brioche bun – is fantastic. I hear more and more that these days, LA has the best restaurants in the world. Thousands of restaurants with great range. It’s good to be the king.