Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Taking A Walk.

Once, when I thought I’d broken my toe, my dad, a podiatrist, told me to walk it off. “We’ll save the x-rays for the paying customers,” he said. On the other hand, when the Yankees lost the World Series, he sobbed for a day.

Yeah they’re special, those foot doctors. And one here in LA is legendary. That’s because his rotating two-sided sign at Sunset Foot Clinic in Silver Lake is both nutty and believed to have ominous implications. Drive past the happy foot, and you’ll have a good day. Sad foot, and people will actually pull a U-turn and try again.

 It was immortalized with a hilarious bit by the Sklar brothers:

But now, this LA landmark is going away, as the Foot Clinic is moving. People are genuinely bummed. Now how are we going to get lucky?

It was a nice run. Godspeed.