Monday, March 4, 2019

Good Dude.

I ran into the guy who delivered my pizza a couple nights ago at the gym and he didn’t even remember who I was. Never meet your heroes.

On the other hand, I spent yesterday afternoon at the home of comedian/actor Jay Mohr (I apologize, but I can’t talk about why), and he is an outstanding guy.

Not only is Jay as funny in person as I’d hoped he’d be, he’s incredibly outgoing. He spends his afternoons coaching the Palisades High School wrestling team. (He was in the middle of taking ridiculously copious notes while watching video of his team’s meets.) We instantly bonded over our similar New York area upbringings, love of the New York Jets (Jay believes together he and I could win a Super Bowl with two drafts), and quoted a lot of Goodfellas, which Jay is convinced is a perfect, yet still underrated film. I agree.

I have a great new friend/mentor, tough to find in showbiz. I’m a lucky guy.