Wednesday, September 26, 2018

End Of An Era.

It’s impossible to ruin something that’s already terrible. It’s like adding more moms to Facebook.

But destroying something great is very doable. “Inside the Actors’ Studio”, the show that inspired my blog, is going through a massive revamp, in which it will move to the Ovation Network and rotate six hosts, with James Lipton “participating in some sort of minor role”. (He’s surprisingly 92 years old. Nice run.)

While I could always do without James fellating guests so much, he does deserve credit for creating and sustaining a really fascinating show. Even civilians found actors chatting about their craft/process undeniably watchable.

I worry now it will just be another interview show that lacks the heft of the original. And try finding the Ovation Network without a map and a mining light.

I’m experiencing all five stages of grief at once right now. Join me.