Monday, June 4, 2018

Winning.

They’ll give those participation trophies out to anyone these days.

Actually, this is the Manhattan Beach Little League championship trophy, which my nephew and his coach (my brother) won on Saturday. Not pictured above: my nephew, who had run off to the post-game pool party.

Here’s the team. That’s my brother, back left. At the post-game party, he offered five bucks to whichever player could impersonate him best. So many F bombs.

Did I mention there was a party? Damn right there was a natural-rock water slide. Two of the players’ parents own the nicest home in the city. (Their pantry is bigger than my garage.) That’s my nephew in yellow. Not pictured: 1) The batting cage, back to the left, and 2) Vince Vaughn’s home next door.

Child abuse: I put one of these on my head and ran around the pool screaming “I’m Jackson’s uncle!”

In the basement: two bowling lanes. It’s like looking in a mirror.