Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Pennies For My Kicks.

They say if you drop a penny from a skyscraper, it could kill someone on the street. But I’m still going with a bowling ball.

And I’ll save all my pennies for something special. Like I have been, since college. The above tub, originally filled with yummy Twizzlers and given to me by my college girlfriend, contained every penny I accumulated since graduation. It’s been on a shelf in my bedroom in New York for years, and I’ve added pennies every time I’m home, saving them for something cool. This past weekend, it was time.

Over 2300 pennies. Not bad, considering I’ve always put everything on my credit card.

I turned the pennies into an Amazon gift card, which I then used toward a fly, hoody-style pair of New Balance in my favorite color. Pennies from heaven.