Monday, May 14, 2018

It’s My Birthday.

Finally, I’m old enough to play a high-schooler in movies.

In past birthday blog entries, in lieu of gifts, I’ve asked people to support things I love – specific movies, TV shows, and restaurants – to encourage creating more of them. This year, I’m asking for something a little different: I want you to start meditating.

I started last summer, and it changed my life. Just ten minutes a day can rewire your neural transmitters and increase blood flow to your brain. Suddenly I was teaching myself to cook, and paint, and this week, I’m launching something super exciting.

Believe me – I had all the same thoughts most non-meditators have – that it involves sitting and chanting with your palms facing up, while burning incense. That’s why I highly recommend downloading the app Headspace. It’s made for people like me. At just ten minutes a day, it’s simple and works immediately by gamifying meditation.

Imagine if everyone became happier and healthier and pursued things they’d always wanted and became their best selves. The world would be a better place. Make this my gift from you. Please and thank you.