Friday, May 18, 2018

Hell Yeah.

My nephew turned on “American Ninja Warrior”. He said, “Watch it, it’ll change your mind.” It did change my mind. I used to like my nephew.

I already know what I like: scripted TV. And my favorite show of all is “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.” But suddenly, last week, FOX announced it was canceling the show. Twitter exploded with tweets from distraught fans, including a Tony and an Oscar winner:

Within 24 hours, NBC hopped to and picked it up. (Though something this intricate, which takes time to accomplish, must have been in the works longer.) Either way, NBC Chairman Robert Greenblatt said, “Ever since we sold this show to Fox I’ve regretted letting it get away, and it’s high time it came back to its rightful home.” Hero.

So now my three favorite shows (including “Superstore” and “AP Bio”) are all on NBC, setting up what could be an all-timer Thursday night lineup. On the most greatest network of all. Yes, “American Ninja Warrior” is on NBC. I love them nonetheless.