Monday, March 5, 2018

Opening Dialogue.

I feel like maybe if God didn't spend all his time helping people win at awards shows, he'd have time to fix some shit.

I'll watch the shows anyway. And over the weekend, here in LA, there were two award shows. The Independent Spirit Awards wisely piggybacks on the Oscars, taking advantage of having all the nominees in town. They set up a big tent on the beach by the Santa Monica Pier, and for the second year in a row, had John Mulaney and Nick Kroll host.

I like Nick because we're from the same hometown, and he was super cool when I bumped into him out here. Plus he and John Mulaney are fearless and hilarious. Check out their mono/dialogue opening:

 
That's the way it's done.

The Oscars were very good as well. And I thought this was super cool:
Rita Moreno is 86 years old. Damn cool.