Thursday, March 22, 2018

My Friend Wrote An Outstanding Cookbook.

Before I started cooking for real, I had an idea for a cookbook entitled Toast On A Paper Towel.

My friend Devin Alexander has written nine actual cookbooks – really good ones – including my favorite, Fast Food Fix, in which she recreated popular fast-food meals using only healthy ingredients.

Her latest is called You Can Have It!, featuring diabetes-friendly recipes. My dad had diabetes, so this one is especially meaningful for me.

To launch the book, Devin threw a fancy party in a nice venue by the beach, featuring a bar, a band, and servers walking around with prepared items from her book.

Diabetes-friendly cocktails. My dad passed ten years too early.

Devin on a pillow. She spared no expense. And she’s snuggly in real life, too.