Thursday, March 15, 2018

Hell Yes.

I’m thinking about changing my occupation on Facebook to “comedian” so that no one will follow me back.

I would too, unless I got a request from Bo Burnham. He’s so brilliant, he’s not of this planet. I see lots of celebrities attending movies at ArcLight Theater, and it’s cool, but when I sat behind Bo while he was there to see Ex Machina, I almost shit.

Five years ago, he posted his first comedy special at the age of 23 on YouTube. I’d never seen anything like it. Check it out:


Now, Bo has written and directed a movie called Eigth Grade that will be released in July. There have been a few great coming-of-age films made in the last few years: The Spectacular Now, Edge of 17, and Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. Films that John Hughes would have made if he were still alive. I think Bo has shot the next one.

Here’s the trailer. You’ll see what I mean: