Wednesday, January 31, 2018

In Which I Give The Dunces Their Due.

Airlines: offering you the comforts of gas station food/drinks at popular night club prices.

United Airlines: not even offering you that, because all they do is delay and cancel flights. I’ve bitched about it a dozen times on this blog, but today I have to give them credit.

Yesterday, United wouldn’t allow a woman to bring her emotional-support peacock on a flight. A no-brainer sure, but they didn’t manage to bungle this one. (Of course, on the same day, they bought the naming rights to the LA Coliseum. After 95 years of tradition, it will now be called the United Airlines Memorial Coliseum. Sacrilege.)

Back to my point – I love pets as much as anyone. I’m infatuated with my dog. But he belongs in the kennel when I travel. The emotional-support animal grift must come to an end.

As for the woman who attempted to bring the peacock onboard, let’s presume it’s a lock she doesn’t have a special guy in her life, but how about family or friends? Didn’t anyone mention to her it was a bad idea? Get it together, people.

By the way, whether you love animals or not, check out this video posted online yesterday. It’s the best: