Monday, January 29, 2018

Culinary Corner.

I’ve eaten enough Chinese food in my life that my fortune cookies have started to contradict each another.

I do love the Chinese food, but unfortunately, Chinese restaurants are disappearing, replaced by “Asian fusion”. The best authentic Chinese place by my mom in New York is a restaurant in the lobby of a Marriott.

So I decided to pick up the gauntlet, and in my third attempt at cooking, I made wonton soup.

Because I still refuse to do things the easy way, I made the wrappers from scratch. (Admittedly, it was a bit of a bitch.) Handy tip: to help keep them symmetrical (mine were nine square millimeters) I used a ruler to both measure and cut the dough.

The finished product. I filled them with chopped pork and shrimp and they were yummy. I highly recommend the effort. Bon 食欲.