Tuesday, September 26, 2017

I Can (Sort Of) Explain.


If I had ten cookies and you took one, what would you have? A black eye and a broken jaw.

Last week, my brother sent me a pic of my nephew enjoying his birthday at Knott’s Berry Farm, and my eye went straight to his black eye. It’s a scratch really, and kinda nasty, and I assumed it must have happened during his soccer game, because I’d been to his baseball game earlier in the day, and his face was in one piece.

Turns out the culprit was a popcorn kernel. He poked his head over a popper and a kernel shot right up and did thedamage. He’s damn lucky it didn’t hit him square in the eye.

That said, I snapped this shot the other day of him getting some love from Ricky in between innings. I think the catcher’s mask oughta stay on from now on: