Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Hell Yeah.

I used to watch the Olympics on TV as a child, and dream of growing up and also watching the Olympics on TV, but on a better TV.

I’m a couple weeks late celebrating this, but I am SO glad LA was awarded the 2028 Olympics. I love the games and can’t get enough. Yes, they’re going to be here 11 years from now, but I’m already pumped to have them in my city. Beach volleyball will literally be in my back yard.

And we’re getting the good Olympics – not the winter games. Sorry, but if I wanted to see a bunch of white people playing in the snow, I’d log on to Facebook.

If you really want to know my level of commitment, I’ve signed up to do volunteer work and community service – mostly because I care, partially because it’ll give me priority consideration for volunteer opportunities during the 2028 games.

There’s no better host than LA, as we’re the only city that doesn’t require additional infrastructure. We’re loaded with football, baseball and soccer stadiums, and five arenas. Beach Meanwhile, Rio declared a state of emergency just before last year’s summer games. That's like inviting people to your house for dinner, but you have no food. Or house.

Commence 11 years of unreasonable anticipation.