Friday, June 30, 2017

Eat, Walk, And Sit In Wet Underwear For Six Hours.

If you think food is going to solve all your problems, you’re probably right.

We met up with my friend Marc, who was my roommate while we attended a grad program together, and he took us to the Billy Goat Tavern, made famous by the “Cheeburger, cheeburger” Olympia Café sketch on SNL. The place is all character – and by that I mean buried in the bowels of Michigan Ave. and yellowed by decades of cigarette smoke – but the burgers are fantastic.

With time to kill before the ballgame on the South Side, we walked four miles north to Wrigleyville, where a sound-check was underway for a Tom Petty concert. There was going to be a whole lot of white people dancing last night.

I have way more to talk about, but I just got back from a three-hour rain delay that pushed the opening pitch to 10 p.m., and have to be up in four hours to catch a plane. I regret nothing.