Friday, March 31, 2017

Let’s Never Be Apart Again.

Get a big metal box, label it “TIME CAPSULE”, and take a big dump in it so people know what 2017 was like.

And if they want to know what 2012 was like, they can simply take a gander at my old laptop, which I was forced to recommission for the past two days while my newer MacBook was being repaired.

Working on the old piece of shit was as if I was wiped off the planet on January 1, 2013. An amazing glimpse into how fast technology progresses. One of my extra-older browers had MySpace bookmarked. And Sigalert, the live traffic site, because Waze hadn’t made it to the states four years ago. My main browser could barely play YouTube videos, as I couldn’t update to the latest iOS. My monitor was blurry, everything worked in super-slow motion, and instead of returning it to my closet, I wanted smash it with a golf club.

The Apple Store came through for me, not only fixing my MacBook for free, but saving all my data. And they had it ready for me in two days, instead of their estimated three to five. Weekend made.