Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Vanity, Thy Name Is Horsepower.

When I make my first million, I’m switching from two-ply toilet paper to white bread.

Until then, I’ll settle for a fancier car. My lease was up, so on Saturday I turned in my Acadia and took home a new one. It is not an exaggeration to say that if, today, I had to choose one vehicle to drive for the rest of my natural life, it would be the 2017 GMC Acadia Limited. Partially why:

Fighter-jet technology. Why look down at the dashboard like a sucker when the heads-up display projects speed and tachometer readings, outside temp and the station/song on my radio onto my windshield. For the win.

Heated and cooled seats. My butt will never stop thanking me.

Heated steering wheel. It feels like someone is gently holding my hand, and that alone is worth the price of being pretentious.