Wednesday, September 14, 2016

In Which I Just Miss Out On A Great Role.

When people say they did something “like a boss”, I just picture them doing it fatter and with less hair.

I knew I took charge and nailed an audition for a great role on the new TV show “Lethal Weapon” while I was in the casting room last week. You always know. But still, when my phone rang later that day, and I saw my agent was calling, I got to experience the best rush of all. It’s better than sex – because acting is better than babies.

I was pinned for the part, which meant I was one of the top two choices by the producers. It was a very good role, opposite both of the show’s leads, and while I was excited, I was grounded. It wasn’t mine yet.

I found out yesterday they went with the other guy, but the producers told the casting director that they loved me and would bring me back soon. That’s all I can ask. 2400 actors are submitted for a role like this. 12 are brought in to audition. It’s all crazy odds, and all you can do is your job. Light fuse, run away.