Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Fraternal.

Most people think being in a fraternity is like a being at a really long office summer outing with unbearable dickheads.

It’s not. My frat was full of very good guys, including Steve Richman, who was in town last night, and got together with me for the first time since college.

Steve is a big-time mortgage/finance guy, who travels the country giving motivational speeches. He’s all about positivity, as evidenced when our bartender mistakenly dumped an entire pint of beer into Steve’s lap, and Steve was completely forgiving.

It doesn’t matter how many years go by – when you share the same experiences with someone, the chemistry picks right up where it left off. I knew I had to wake up at 4:45 this morning, and I still wanted to stay out late and talk to Steve.

College leaves you with great memories. And crippling debt. And friendships that last. Good seeing you, brother.