Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Rest In Peace.

Lee Reherman worked out at my gym. He was always super nice, and ALWAYS asking for a spot. Which I gladly gave him, even though I have no business spotting a guy benching 320.

His roommate once told me, “He never eats solid food. It’s just protein powder everywhere!”

It showed. He was solid muscle. Which made it all the more shocking when he suddenly died yesterday.

He was 49 when he passed. Way too soon, but Lee packed a lot into that life. He played football at Cornell, then went to training camp with the Miami Dolphins, then got his MBA and started pursuing his PhD.

Then he got into the entertainment business and just whaled on it. He started as Hawk on “American Gladiators”, then appeared in over 70 TV shows and movies, including the latest Star Trek.

He was a cool, funny, outgoing guy. My Facebook feed is loaded with stories of him going out of his way for everyone. His death was sudden, but I bet if he’d first been given a moment to reflect on his life, he wouldn’t have had any regret. He went balls-out in everything he did, and fulfilled his potential. Wish I could say the same.

Sorry to see you go, man.