Thursday, February 18, 2016

What Do I Do When I’m Not Writing? I Think About Writing. And When I’m Not Thinking About Writing? I Sleep.

If you don’t start watching “Brooklyn Nine Nine”, you deserve whatever singing contest they replace it with.

After that, I vow to bring back TV, with a sitcom pilot I’m writing with my friend Chad.

People often ask me what my ultimate acting gig would be, and the answer is easy: starring in my own one-camera sitcom. So I’m making it happen.

But if I’m going to do this, I’m going to do it right. I’ve essentially been putting myself through sitcom school, reading dozens of interviews with my favorite TV writers, poring over scripts from shows I love and experts’ breakdowns of sitcom formats.

More often than not, Chad and I feel like slaves to this project. Then we remember who’s cracking the whip.