Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Shot And A Haircut.

“Give me the Rand Paul,” I said. That’s the last time I get a haircut while I’m drunk.

So I was extra careful visiting Blind Barber for the first time Friday night. It’s actually a good place for a shave or a haircut, but it’s also somewhat of a façade – for a very cool speakeasy.

As I walked past guys getting a trim, I didn’t want to ask and look like a rookie, so I made an educated guess that the door with the coats hanging on it was meant to be entered.

I was right. Behind it was a very cool, very dark, very loud bar. Packed with people guzzling the weekly drink special: an old fashioned.

The food menu is comprised almost entirely of grilled cheese – 17 different varieties, including two desserts. Above is the #5: taleggio, aged parmesan, shittake, crimini and truffle oil on rosemary olive oil bread. It was excellent.

Great place. I’m happy to report I escaped with my tummy full and my hair unscathed.