Friday, December 4, 2015

One Of My Favorites. Rest In Peace.

A few years ago, I was shooting a role on a soundstage and heard Stone Temple Pilots was shooting a video next door. I play drums, and am partial to any band with a great drummer. STP is one of my all-time favorites.
During a break, I snuck into their building. The band was out having lunch, so I took a walk around, and when I passed lead singer Scott Weiland’s dressing room, I snapped the above pic.

It was a surreal moment, not just because I loved Scott, but because he’d been tortured by drug addiction for years, to the point in which an overdose seemed inevitable. But here he was, still around, making a comeback with the band.

Most celebrity deaths are no more than a passing interest. The odd one can touch us for some reason. Scott Weiland is one of those for me.

No comments: