Thursday, September 11, 2014

So, This Is How I Die.

Wisconsin, prepare yourselves. Eight guys are about to enter you.

I’m going to Wisconsin this weekend with my brother and six friends, where we’ll catch a baseball game in Milwaukee and a football game in Green Bay. A top-shelf extravaganza.

But sports are only half the mission. All of us want the real Milwaukee experience, which means brats, cheese curds, and frozen custard – and that’s just breakfast. I volunteered to scout the restaurants and stadium food that are must-haves, and what I’ve learned thus far is: the closest Wisconsinites have ever come to eating better is eating butter.

Exhibit A, above is a mashed potato and pulled-pork parfait. It’s served at Brewer games, and I’ve already packed a fistful of blood thinners in anticipation.

Leaving Saturday. Coming back Monday. Funeral, I wanna say Thursday-ish.