Monday, November 11, 2013

In Which I Help A Very Talented Man Have Copious Amounts Of Sex.

Research has shown that men think about sex every 15 sex.

Women, on the other hand, may need a slight nudge. So when I was driving through the parking garage at Beverly Connection the other night, and saw actor Ben Schwartz getting out of his car with a stunning redhead, I knew it was time to earn the assist. You see, I’m the opposite of a C-blocker; I’m a C-benefactor.

Ben is one of the stars of “House of Lies,” and recurs on “Parks & Recreation” as Jean-Ralphio, the cocky, crazy, self-centered slang-babbling character created specifically for him. Check out this clip.

As Ben and his date walked past me, I put down my window and told him I was a huge fan. He  stopped, backtracked, reached into my car, shook my hand and we had a moment. (We grew in neighboring suburbs of NYC, and both trained in improv at Upright Citizens Brigade.) Then he thanked me, and returned to his date, who couldn’t help but be impressed.

Ben, no need to thank me. It’s what I do.