Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thoughts From My Shoot.

In front of me, left to right: co-director Aina Dumlao, actor Dat Pham, and the very inked-up actor Edwin Bravo. I told Edwin that I think it’s pretty cool Chinese people created a language made entirely out of tattoos.

Destroying his spine with the world’s most uncomfortable shooting apparatus is Johnny Derango, a director of photography with incredible skills and a name befitting an 19th-century gunfighter.

A frame from the film. I’d like to say I method-acted up the sweat to indicate the humidity of the Philippines, where the story takes place, but in reality I simply wore a corduroy sport coat in the godforsaken sauna that is Burbank, CA.

Another frame, this time featuring Edwin, who had a role in the latest Pirates of the Caribbean sequel, and Dat, who thanks to the costs of employing a minor in a SAG production is going to render me the first homeless Jew.