Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Untitled Matt Shevin Project.

Ambition is the willingness to kill the things you love and eat them in order to stay alive. Haven’t you ever read my throw pillow?

That said, I’m officially in pre-production for my next short film. It’s a comedy written by me and I’ll be playing the lead role, and my first pre-pro meeting is today. It’s going to require a tricky bit of casting and location scouting, but I’m working with the best director and producer in town: my friends Bru and Aina.

I’ve actually written three scripts I like and was waiting until I’d written two more to begin shooting them all, but it’s time to stop delaying and get after it. I don’t why I’d put them on hold; maybe it’s the enormity of it all because I want them to be perfect. Either way, I wish I could have the “Price Is Right” audience around whenever I’m making big life decisions.

Wish me luck.