Wednesday, September 25, 2013

State Your Name And Imaginary Occupation.

If you want me to give you a cool nickname, all you need is to do is have a real name that I can’t remember or pronounce. 

So shout out to my mom and dad for giving me a simple handle, which makes my job all that much easier in auditions. As actors, we’re often asked to “slate” our names before we audition – state our names (and, if necessary, the role we’re reading for, our height, if we possess a required skill for the role, etc.) 

Well now, one of the websites our agents use to submit us for roles is offering a new feature in which we can post a hybrid headshot/slate that casting directors can click on to put a voice to our face. It’s called a slateshot, and I recorded two looks: suit, and casual t-shirt. Give ‘em a gander: