Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekend Recap: The Lap, Thighs, Shins And Toes Of Luxury.

I want to lead a life so incredible, the Westboro Baptist Church pickets my funeral.

And I just might get there if I keep accumulating incredible vacation experiences. Last year, it was Boracay; this time, this past weekend, Aviara Resort for my mom’s birthday. It was so off the charts nice, it’ll take me three days to recap my thoughts. Here’s the first batch:

Forget your name in lights – my niece and nephew were greeted sponge-style in one our bathrooms (we had three) when we arrived.

And when we came back from the pool, their names in chocolate, alongside the best brownies and milk I ever poached.

The only scratch on this Lambo of weekends: a typo (above my thumb) on the card that came with the mousse delivered while we were out on day two. The Shevibs were most appreciative.

My mom’s birthday dinner was at Veladora, a restaurant in a converted barn at Rancho Valencia, which is where Bill Gates spent his honeymoon. From now on, I insist even my Corn Flakes be prepared with reduction.