Thursday, March 14, 2013

Enlightening The Goyim.

I’m not one for religion. Though I am happy about the new Latin Pope. I figure all the communion wine will now have little pieces of fruit in it.

Speaking of religious nuttiness, yesterday as I was walking Ricky I saw the above poster from a play recently staged at the local elementary school. How The Grinch Stole the Holidays? For eff’s sake.

Listen, non Jews: we honestly don’t feel excluded from seasonal festivities. In fact, we love Christmas. Our favorite Christmas tradition is eating Chinese food and counting all our money from running the media.

Using the term “holidays” to appease us is actually kind of anti-Semitic, in that it presumes we’re easily offended. We’re not.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas isn’t even about religion – it’s about the Grinch’s shrunken heart growing three times it’s size when he hears how joyous the Whos are even after they find out their gifts have been stolen. It’s so preposterous to change the play one bit. And it’s downright distracting. To be clear, I don’t like it.

Christmas is no longer canceled, and if you want it in writing, not a problem. We’re lousy with lawyers.