Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscar Thoughts.

I had a ballgame last night and came home late, but I sped through the Academy Awards on my DVR and took a few notes:

• If Seth MacFarlane didn’t host the Oscars, he would’ve ragged on Seth MacFarlane hosting the Oscars.

• Tommy Lee Jones was looking to win the Oscar for not giving a shit about the Oscars.

• I prepared for the Oscars by judging and resenting people more successful than me. Going great so far.

• I realize now that my kryptonite is Oscar musical numbers.

• As a tribute to Zero Dark Thirty, how bitchin’ would it have been if they had included Bin Laden’s picture in the “In Memoriam” reel.

• I bet Spielberg had to be talked out of letting Lincoln live at the end.

• I was about to get really upset about Catherine Zeta Jones lip-synching, but then I remembered that I’m not a gay hair dresser in Atlanta.