Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bring ‘Em On.

As you know, I don't read books because they’re heavy. But I do love me some movies.

And now is one of my favorite times of the year – when I start receiving screeners. Not that this is common practice. Studios giving away their best movies for free? You’ll see more unicorns.

But it’s awards season, and I’m a voting member of SAG, so here come the films. The formats have changed a bit this time (three were sent as DVDs, the rest I can see using free passes at theaters, or download using a special code on iTunes.)

I’ve managed to see all the major features at this point, which is great because this Thursday the Oscar nominees will be announced, and I like to list my favorite movies the day before. Drop by tomorrow and I’ll whip up a list. I’d like to think it makes for some good reading. Better than any book.