Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Ninth Great Film Of 2012.

Most of the time, I keep my cool. Other times, I feel as if I’m waiting at the DMV for four hours behind Paul Ryan, who failed the test and refuses to leave.

Pat Solitano pretty much feels that way all the time. He’s got issues.

Bradley Cooper plays Pat in Silver Linings Playbook and it’s a really difficult role, and Bradley completely pulls it off. There was never a false moment in the film. It’s disturbing and funny and romantic and it features a lot of Philly goombas, including Robert DeNiro as Pat’s dad. It’s DeNiro’s best role in twenty years.

It’s excellent. See it with a dysfunctional family member you love.

P.S.: That’s nine great films so far, with only two weeks left in the year – and I’ve never been short of a top-ten list. What I’m trying to say is: we’re all counting on you, Django Unchained.

No comments: