Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Day 6: Spoiler Alert To Those Who Ti-Vo’d The Weather Channel.

Leaving a theater on Christmas eve (Bill Murray is great as FDR in Hyde Park on Hudson), it had just started snowing. I then took the above pic where I’m staying, which is the house I grew up in. A perfectly real moment hours before the fake anniversary of the lord… Had Christmas dinner at a Chinese restaurant, which is a Jewish tradition, and it made me realize: if Germans ever feel the itch to round us up again, it seems like a total cinch… I had just noticed my upcoming, annual “Deaths That Sucked” list was nice and short, when all of a sudden Jack Klugman died. Here in New York, “The Odd Couple” has been a staple on channel 11 our entire lives, so the death of Jack is really, really sad news. Then, Christmas morning, Charles Durning died. Before he became one of the best character actors of all time, he was one of the first guys to land at Normandy. He was on the show “Dinner for Five” when the topic came up, but because Charles didn’t like to talk about it, Burt Reynolds did it for him. I cued it up here.

No comments: