Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Proclamation.

Whatever you do, don’t be letting a Pit Bull near a child. He may want to snuggle with him and catch an episode of “Phineas and Ferb.”

That’s Ricky, by the way, with my nephew and his inexplicable red hair. I love it–it’s so bouncy, like the after picture in a lice ad.

Back to business. A few days ago, a message was sent out as a random text that then went viral on Facebook and Twitter:

“I’m here by announcing October 31 National kill a pitbull day. After you take the kids trick or treating keep your costume on round up some friends and kill as many pibulls as you can before midnight. Baseball bats, knives, bricks and poisons (a hotdog soaked in radiator fluid works well) are all suitable tools. Their owners like brag about there high threshold for pain. So don’t worry them suffering they can take it. So remember to spread the word! OCTOBER 31, 2012 NATIONAL KILL A PITBULL NIGHT.” 

Eloquent. It’s not clear whether this is a hoax or not (snopes.com can’t confirm), but one thing is for certain: anyone so much as sets foot near my home that night (trick or treaters take heed), my Pit puppy will immediately offer you some kisses. But his owner will kill you. I will kill you. And if you think I’m kidding, ask anybody. Happy Halloween.