Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend Recap.

All of my friends here are inexplicably born in May, so we had our annual May Baby birthday party, which included my favorite (and massively underrated) ice cream cake. Ice cream cake deserves the Congressional Medal of Honor, or a Nobel Prize, or inclusion in Parade Magazine’s “10 Delicious Desserts”… Speaking of May babies, apparently there’s been a rash of Carmageddon births this month, which makes me retroactively kick myself for not realizing it was so easy to get some that weekend. I think I stayed home and opened a can of Dinty Moore… How gorgeous is this automated table?... My brother needed me to watch my nephew Saturday afternoon, so I brought him with me to Beverly Hills for my haircut. Every time we passed a cute chick I felt the need to make it verbally apparent I wasn’t his father: “So what time did your DAD want me to bring you home?” “You know who’d like this? Your FATHER.” “It’s technically not child abandonment when I’m only your UNCLE.”