Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It’s Why God Gave Laptops Erasers.

Hollywood can be very hit and miss. Let’s face it: this town produces more failed pilots than the French Air Force.

And now that all TV shows have shut down for the season, and auditions are scarce, I’ve begun writing a pilot for a sitcom. I’m really happy with the premise, and am taking my time to create something I’ll be really proud to star in.

I wasn’t planning on mentioning it on here, but then I reconsidered. Putting it out there to friends (and the universe, if you believe that jive) will force me to really get after it.

It’s no can of corn, this longer-form writing. The truth is, I'm not that smart. I mean, I've got walking-around sense. I know how to work the Google. But I'm also capable of being really thick. I could have sworn you can clean a flat screen with Tilex. In retrospect, the “Kucinich Forever” tattoo was a bad idea.

Time to get back to it. Yes, I took a much-needed break from writing to write this blog entry. Even I am smart enough to see that.