Thursday, March 1, 2012

And Yet I Still Insist On Calling Him “Dummy.”

I was gonna take this class called “Cooking for One,” but the teacher killed himself.

Instead, I’ve been spending my Wednesday nights in puppy training class. I’m particularly fond of the photo I took of Ricky and his classmate, since I grew up with and have a special affection for blonde Cocker Spaniels. Though I gotta say our Cockers were idiots.

Now, as much as I’d love to tell you Ricky is also a complete dope, he just won’t cooperate – he’s brilliant.

I never saw it coming. He learned to sit in one session. Then walk next to me on a loose leash. Last night, he laid down, first attempt, which is unusual for the very energetic Pits. When he was too young to hold in his piss, instead of ruining my floors, he peed in my shower, and now he only goes outside. Put that report card on your refrigerator.

All I need to get him to do now is stop occasionally gnawing on my flip-flops. And on my niece and nephew. But those two little shits have it coming.