Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Supporting Cast.

Most design sucks, most art sucks, most music sucks, most movies suck, most food sucks, most books suck, most TV sucks. Hell, most people suck. That’s part of why good things are so special.

This year I’d like to mention more about the people who give me the fodder to write a fresh blog entry six days a week.

Many of them aren’t actors, either. Like my friend Andrew, who emailed me the above pic of his front door, and asked, “Am I the victim of a hate crime? Do you think a bunch of Jewish hooligans put this on my door???”

Then there was the time Andrew sent me this text: “On the airport paging system they are looking for Mohammed Alajmi. That can’t be good.”

A few weeks ago, he shot this pic:
And we had this conversation via text:

ANDREW: At a Phoenix Coyotes game. Guy in front of me going full yarmulke.
ME: Sending a public message.
ANDREW: He’s keeping it real.
ME: Real Yiddish.
ANDREW: Wants me to know.
ME: If he can get one goy to text his Jew friend, that yarmulke has paid for itself.
ANDREW: If a Palestinian approaches him, I will obviously get the hell out of here.
ME: Duck and cover. It’s gonna get explosive.
ANDREW: Wearing a yarmulke is like doing a full-time Tebow.
ME: Only gayer.
ANDREW: You know he’s religious without even talking to him!
ME: Of course.
ANDREW: It’s like his own personal hockey helmet!
ME: With God reflecting the pucks.
ANDREW: I may start wearing a cross outside my shirt full-time.
ME: Embrace your Long Island Guinea side.
ANDREW: Cross with a wifebeater.
ME: Spot on.
ANDREW: And a satin Mets jacket.