Monday, October 3, 2011

I Am Ready For Some Football.

Yesterday, everyone ahead of me in line at the pharmacy really wanted to tell the doctor-man a story!

And yet it wasn’t bringing me down, because I’m feeling no pain – I booked a role in a commercial.

It’s for the NFL on FOX, and I’ll play a bartender, which means every Sunday, when I get together with my band of brothers to watch the Jets, and we drink, carouse, harass women, roll drunks and threaten cops I can now consider it research, or better yet a write-off. Who'd a thunk it?

This is my 13th commercial, and I’m extra excited about it because it stars JB Smoove, who plays Leon on “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” Jay Glazer from FOX and is directed by Craig Gillespie, who also directed Lars and the Real Girl, one of my favorite films.

Look for it to run like crazy until the Super Bowl in February. I’m shooting later this week, and milking this every day ‘til then. I think this “football” thing really has a chance to make it in this country. Hmm.