Friday, October 21, 2011

His Death Blows Whale.

Jesus sure knew how to party – dude made his own wine.

But Steve Jobs one-upped him, giving us the iPhone – the greatest electronic device ever created.

And I’d like to give the man a two-weeks-too-late eulogy. Steve Jobs turned Apple into a juggernaut, and he did it partly by treating customers so well they’re actually mourning the loss of a man worth $8.3 billion, to a crazy level.

This week, my laptop started slowing down, so I took it to an Apple Store’s Genius Bar, where an employee ran tests on it, determined there was nothing wrong with my hardware and told me to simply buy a RAM chip (which he wasn’t allowed to sell me in order to avoid scamming customers) and install it. The entire appointment was free.

If I’d had a regular IT guy check out my computer, purchase and install RAM, that would have run me what – 400 or 500 bucks? Instead, I bought it and installed it myself and my computer is now fast as shit. Total cost: $9.99.

Steve Jobs was the man. And that’s his legacy.